Monday 26 January 2015

crazy beauty....and being surprised


i pass this old red barn every day
and I'm still mesmorized
by the way it stands tall against the sky
even if it's shoulders are sagging a little
it glows soft red as twilight works its magic
and I stare as longs as i can
till i've passed it again

but today I stop
(with my one teenage boy and his buddy) 
and we all pull out our phones and start shooting
cuz there's beauty everywhere
when you stop to look for it


...wishing you a few moments to 
see the unexpected beauty 
on your travels today






 and thank you to my boy
who still occasionally surrenders 
that outrageously gorgeous smile
to the camera 
melting mama's heart
every time.

(and thanks to instagram for those filters that I still can't master on my own!!!  haha)

words and images © copyright melody armstrong 2015

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Melody! You see beauty everywhere! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's what I see when I look at YOU!!! You inspire me right back, friend. I miss you. We NEED a java!!

    ReplyDelete

I invite your comments and thank you for journeying with me.