Monday 6 October 2014

september stillness


i pause

from all the racing, running
wildness of my world

and catch a glimpse
of more 
than shimmering leaves
that flutter and wave
to catch a fragment
of my 
always divided
attention

it's like they know
i'd be sad to miss the show

and that would be easy 
on these days when it 
seems 
miss 
more 
than 
  notice

so i stop and sit and stare
    (can eyes drink in a view?) 
and since a poem 
might distract
like
words
sometimes 
do
i open the page
to sketch
what i'm aching
to really see

that my life is vast
and deep and flowing 
with countless
moments
of 
grace
that have 
my attention.

words and images © copyright Melody Armstrong 2014










1 comment:

  1. Love your poem & your sketch! You are a true artist@

    ReplyDelete

I invite your comments and thank you for journeying with me.